Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
In the timeless city of Jerusalem, the past feels ever-present. Thousands of years of epic history are visible on every stone of this thriving capital. Immerse yourself in the mesmerizing mix of ancient and modern with Moon Jerusalem.
What you’ll find in Moon Jerusalem:
- Strategic itineraries from three days to a week in Jerusalem, featuring pilgrimage destinations and historical sites for three of the worlds major religions
- Full-color guidebook with vibrant, helpful photos, all in an easy-to-navigate format
- Detailed directions and maps for exploring on your own, as well as tips for choosing the best tours (the Saturday tours are free!)
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Wind through the tightly packed shops of the Old City, and try your hand at the time-honored custom of haggling. Explore archaeological and cultural sites like the Western Wall, the Dome of the Rock, the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the Church of the Nativity. Walk where many believe Jesus Christ was resurrected in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and look out over old and new Jerusalem from a rooftop café with a plate of shakshuka. Gain insight into the history of the Holocaust at Yad Vashem, and meditate on the sweeping views of the Jerusalem forest. Taste your way through Jerusalem’s famous market the Shuk, or stay after the sun goes down to watch it turn into a lively street party
- Curated advice from journalist and local expert Genevieve Belmaker, who shares what shes learned from her years living in this ancient and beautiful city
- Background info on the landscape, culture, and political history
- Essential insight for travelers on safety, LGBTQ travel, local customs and etiquette, visas, and transportation in and around the city
- Additional resources like Hebrew and Arabic phrasebooks and suggested reading, packaged in a book slim enough to fit in your coat pocket
With Moon Jerusalem’s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Israel & The West Bank. Hoping to country-hop? Check out Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast.